Since I work out regularly and I have a tendency to get dandruff, my hair stylist recommended that I apply Sea Breeze astringent to my scalp to clean it. When I work out in the morning, I don’t have time to wash my hair and get to work on time. Even when I’m not working out, I apply Sea Breeze to my scalp with a cotton swab and oil it three to four times per week. I’m noticing since I’ve started this routine that there is a difference in my hair. It’s shinier, has more body, and it appears to be growing longer. When I was a teenager with acne problems, I used Sea Breeze to clean my face; I would not have thought to use it for my scalp. This formula of Sea Breeze contains eucalyptus oil and clove leaf oil, which can also benefit the hair and scalp.
Once a month, I get a treatment for dandruff. Basically, my stylist mixes apple cider vinegar with T-Gel shampoo to wash my hair. Even though it stinks, we know that apple cider vinegar has many benefits. After that, I sit under a steamer for about 30 minutes. I believe that a combination of a healthy diet, vitamins like MSM, and the scalp treatments are promoting my hair growth. I’m also all-natural, meaning that I do not chemically treat my hair. It has been two years since I stopped relaxing my hair. It’s more work, but it’s worth it.
MSM has various benefits. I have been taking MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane) for about two years now. During this time, I have experienced some positive results from taking it:
- Boosting energy levels. I wake up at 5:00am most mornings so I need energy for working out, an 8-hour workday, taking care of family, and my studies. I get an adequate amount of sleep as well.
- Allergies. It’s spring, and there are many people who suffer from allergies. I can now see pollen on my car when I leave for work each morning. My allergies aren’t as severe as they were when I first moved to the area.
- Hair growth. I didn’t realize that taking MSM was working for my hair until my hair stylist mentioned it Before I went natural, I had a “super-short” haircut. After one year, my hair had grown to almost shoulder length. In addition to a healthy diet, I can also attribute my hair growth to MSM.
- Detoxification. MSM rids the cells of free radicals. Sulfur is involved in many biological processes and aids in detoxification.
- Reduces joint inflammation. When combined with glucosamine and chondroitin, MSM is a joint soother. Both glucosamine and chondroitin are produced naturally in the body; they are found in cartilage. When it starts to wear away around the joints, it can cause arthritis.
Where to buy:
Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/s?k=MSM&ref=
Mom’s Organic Market
Health and Herbs