Thank you, Julieann Dove, for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Here are my 10 questions and answers:
- What would be your perfect day off from all responsibilities?
I would say sleeping in as late as I want, getting a workout in, maybe even working on my racquetball techniques, going to Starbucks for a Grande Cold Brew coffee with cream and sugar, an hour-long massage, and relaxing with a good book. That would be my perfect day off.
2. How many books do you read in a year?
I read at least 12 books in a year.
3. If you could have dinner with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
I’m not sure. The more I find out about them, the less appealing they are to me.
4. If you could start over in life would you pick another type of profession? Why?
I would have pursued writing first instead of science, although I love science, but perhaps my writing could have had an earlier impact.
5. What makes a book satisfying to you?
A satisfying book to me is one that I can’t put down, usually a love story or something spiritual.
6. Do you love or hate to cook? What is your specialty or epic fail?
Cooking has never been a love of mine. I don’t hate it; I never learned or paid enough attention to be a good cook. I was always taught to get a college education and a great career so I can take care of myself. Don’t cook if you don’t have to. I can cook a few dishes well, like squash soup and sautéed squash and potatoes, and I used to bake often. I’ve had more epic disasters in the kitchen than I care to name. My husband always wishes that I would cook, but I just don’t have time. He’s an excellent cook. It wasn’t that I didn’t try. I have my good points, but cooking is not one of them.
7. If you could change one think about your appearance, what would it be? Why?
It would definitely be my muffin top. We did a lot of traveling this summer. I tend to gain weight in my hips, thighs, and mid-section. If the muffin top disappeared, my clothes would fit better, I would be more confident, and my health issues (i.e. diabetic risk factors, cholesterol, blood pressure) would be reduced if not eliminated. I’m working to reach that goal. I will keep you posted.
8. If you saw your co-worker’s/friend’s spouse cheating, would you tell?
Yes, I would tell them in a tactful way. They may not believe me, but truth will come out eventually.
9. Where in the world would you like to visit that you haven’t already?
It would be somewhere in Italy, for sure.
10. What is the one quality you find most attractive in a mate?
It’s definitely a sense of humor. I love to laugh.
My 10 questions:
- What is your biggest passion?
- Do you consider yourself to be a spiritual person? Why or why not?
- What are your top 3 favorite movies of all time?
- If you had to pick 1 thing that you could live without, what would it be?
- Would you prefer a mate with an average body and a handsome face, or a mate with an average face and a hot body?
- Do you exercise regularly? If yes, what is your favorite way to work out?
- What is your biggest fear? Why?
- What has been your biggest accomplishment?
- Who do you admire the most and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
My 10 nominations:
- The Lifestyle of Jeannie
- Julieann Dove
- Be a Positive Light
- Angela Tague
- Pens and Journals
- Mom meets Blog
- Forever Healthy!
- Lidiya K.
- Ria Robinson