- Passion. What are you passionate about? What do you enjoy doing the most? You passion is your fondness for something, like writing or music. You love it so much, that you would do it for free.
- Interest. What types of things interest you? Think about your favorite subjects in school. Also, you may have been involved in many extracurricular activities in and outside of school. There may have been a teacher or another adult that you may admire. You can talk to them about their career if it’s something that is of interest to you.
- Talent. All of us have at least one talent; something that we do well with a natural ability. It may be singing, dancing, playing an instrument, or painting.
- Don’t live out somebody’s else’s dreams. Your parents may want you to become a doctor or a lawyer because of the prestige and high salary that comes with it. This may sound fabulous, but if it’s not what you want to do, you are going to be miserable. You can be rich and still be unhappy.
- Be realistic. For some careers, like politics, you have to compromise your morals and values in order to wsucceed. This is what the world says; money, fame, and power are the things to strive for. But what does God say? Whatever career you choose, do it with integrity. There’s nothing wrong with being successful, just don’t sell your soul for it.